The Punchline

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Baseball Predictions

I realize I haven't said anything about the baseball playoffs so I'll give you my predictions now. In the National League I pick the Cardinals over the Padres and the Mets to sweep the Dodgers, with the Cardinals outlasting the Mets in seven games to win the NLCS. I see the Tigers coming out of the American League by beating the Yankees in four games in the Divisional Series before sweeping the Oakland A's, winners over the Twins, in the ALCS. And no, I didn't just make those predictions because they have already happened. Those were my actual predictions way back in July. Really. I promise. Stop rolling your eyes.

For the World Series, I see the St. Louis Cardinals defeating the Detroit Tigers in six games. I came to this conclusion due to the following three reasons:

1) The Cardinals are a National League teams and the National League was so much more superior than the American League this season. After all, who had more losses to Al teams: NL teams or AL teams? Exactly.

2) The Tigers have quickly turned around from being the laughingstock of baseball to being in the World Series while the Cardinals have been consistently good for the past decade. So obviously Detroit players are using steroids. At least that's the only conclusion I can come up with to explain such a surprising turnaround from the Detroit franchise. Nobody likes a cheater and cheaters never win. Unless it's figure skating.

3) Albert Pujols is universally regarded as the best baseball player in the world. And when you're the best you deserve championship rings. Hear that umpires? Just follow the example of NBA referees and you'll be good.

So there you go guys; your 2006 World Series Champions: The St. Louis Cardinals! Just remember you heard it from me first. Of course if the Tigers win then you never heard from me at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home